|Yes, picking ticks helps with refining pinch AND is a functional skill.*|
- Placing stickers on a vertical surface to spell a name
- Using strawberry huller to pick up items
- Paperclip activities
- Placing beads on pipe cleaners (one of our therapists created a spider from pompoms and pipe cleaners, then decorated the "legs" with small beads.
- Using craft stamps
- Placing small items into slit in tennis ball
- Dexterity Junior (iPad app)
- Inserting short straws into spice jar openings
- Pool noodle--cut into 2” thick rings and place in baking pan like cinnamon buns. Insert pom pom or other small object into holes, then use long tweezers to remove the objects.
- Eraser sandwiches (holiday mini erasers are the bread, poster tack is the filling)
*Just be sure to wear gloves or thoroughly wash your hands afterwards!!!